Jeffrey D. Thav is the sole member of Thav Law Office, P.L.L.C. He has been a practicing attorney for over a decade. His practice includes all forms of bankruptcy, including Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy and Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Additionally, Jeff Thav specializes in debt negotiation, debt settlement, landlord/tenant disputes, real estate transaction, contract review, estate planning, wills and trusts, traffic and criminal defense, personal injury, divorce, and family dispute resolution.
He attended the University of Detroit School of Law and the University of Michigan for his undergraduate studies. He was admitted to the State Bar of Michigan in 2001. Mr. Thav is a member of the Michigan Bar Association and Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Association. He worked for Thav and Ryke, P.L.L.C, Free Bankruptcy Evaluation, P.L.L.C, Second Start, P.L.L.C. and most recently the founding member of Thav Law Office, P.L.L.C located at 30150 Telegraph Rd., Ste. 444, Bingham Farms, MI 48025.
Jeffrey Thav has attended several local seminars over the past several years. More specifically he has attended:
- “Nuts & Bolts Seminar” provided by the Consumer Bankruptcy Association on May, 7, 2007. (All Day Seminar)
- “Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Conference” provided jointly by the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Consumer Bankruptcy Association on November 12, 2007. (All day seminar)
- “Bench & Bar Seminar on the New EDM Local Bankruptcy Rules” provided jointly by the Consumer Bankruptcy Association and the Debtor/Creditor Rights Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar on April 11, 2008. (2 hours)
- Consumer Bankruptcy Association Dinner Meeting on June 5, 2008 (2 hours)
- American Bankruptcy Institute’s Annual Veterans Day Seminar, November, 2008 – Detroit (All day Seminar)
- American Bankruptcy Institute’s Annual Veteran Day Seminar, November, 2009 – Detroit (All day Seminar)
- American Bankruptcy Institute’s Annual Veterans Day Seminar, November, 2010 (All day Seminar)
- American Bankruptcy Institute’s Annual Veterans Day Seminar, November, 2011 (All day Seminar)
- Tips & Tools for a Successful Practice seminar held on November 1, 2012.
Jeff Thav is an active member of the Consumer Bankruptcy Association, which is based in Detroit, Michigan. To date, Jeff Thav has several years of experience in handling debt collection and debt negotiation. Jeff Thav has been handling real estate transactions, landlord/tenant disputes, contract review, estate planning, drafting of wills and trusts, social security disputes, divorce, personal injury and has filed over 4,400 consumer bankruptcy cases. Further, he has had experience and filed multiple Chapter 11 cases as lead counsel.